“Super, Super, Super Fun!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
New Bern, North Carolina
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Super, Super, Super Fun!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Our visit to Costa Rica included a must do Zip Lining adventure. we looked at the different companies to choose from and one criteria was to actually enjoy the view from tree top.
Egoglide was the favorite and not hurtling through the air at 100mph.
The one stumbling block I personally had was my dear wife was scared of heights, so the deal was she wanted to go surfing Christmas Eve on the second part of our vacation and I was not looking forward to that. and I would only do that if she went Zip Lining.
I just wanted to sit on the beach have a drink with an umbrella in it.
Anyhoo here we go on the training zip line, the training zip line is just a short one and all passed the test.

the next lines were the ones I was looking forward to and I was right in our choice of zip line company.
I was fantastic, Sorry It was fantastic or maybe I was fantastic too...

My wife was the main concern and right enough she was very nervous about the whole deal, but the superb staff placed her in a real comfort zone and made this very enjoyable for her which in turn made me happy. She was in very good hands and the safety standard was brilliant to say the least. there was no time at all you were not secured to a safety line while you were on a platform.

Then came the Tarzan Swing WOW!!!!! you seem to swing upward forever, but first securing you in a harness which when they tightened it up made my voice go up 4 octaves.

In a nutshell this is a must do if you do not want the rush of excessive speed and actually see some scenery.

Here is a real good tip, Take the First Tour of the morning, our group had 4 people the second tour had a party of 20.

Visited December 2012

Marietta, GA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ecoglide Lafortuna Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

First time on a zip line and I am well over 60. Professional and exciting in every way. Pickup and drop off were on time. Each person is trained before the taking on the real lines. The personnel were great and several are with you the entire time. The actual zip lines have two cables versus just one, extra safety. Don't skip the Tarzan swing; it will take your breath away. This is a great 2 hours of fun. I was with 2 other people so we moved right along.

Atenas, Costa Rica
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just go hiking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Since I'd never been ziplining I decided to try it out. I have nothing against the staff, who were great, but it just doesn't seem like this activity is worth paying for. If you're looking for great views, go hike up a mountain instead-- it's cheaper, more satisfying, and more adventurous.

Pickering, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was worried about going to due my larger size, but at 6'5" they still accommodated. Thanks for an amazing experience I won't soon forget!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Amazing experience.... Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

This was an unforgettable experience. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This company has some of the best and safest equipment around. We were trying to decide between Ecoglide and Skytrek, but went with Ecoglide because it was almost half the price and had a lot more recommendations. The Tarzan swing was also a big plus. I highly recommend this tour, even if you are a little afraid, because you won't regret it after. This is a must-do while in costa rica.