“GREAT VOLCANO VIEW,POOL,GARDEN PATHS AND CLOSE TO LA FORTUNA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Magic Mountain

Save Saved
You added Hotel Magic Mountain to your Saves list
Hotel Magic Mountain
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   La Fortuna Rd., La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 00000, Costa Rica   |
Parrish, Florida
“GREAT VOLCANO VIEW,POOL,GARDEN PATHS AND CLOSE TO LA FORTUNA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was our second hotel stop on our 10 day vacation reserved through Costa Rican Trails. Nice balcony views from clean and comfortable rooms with breakfast included. Take a cab for about $4.00 into La fortuna for shopping and lunch. Don Ruffino's Restaurant is very good. We walked to La Fortuna from the hotel but it is really too far, so we took a cab back. For dinner we tried Vagabond Pizza. A couple of Imperial beers and fresh brickoven pizza hit the spot. You can walk here in five minutes from the hotel. In 2 days here we did the zip-line,volcano tour,ecotermales hot springs,river paddle and La Fortuna waterfall. Beautiful area with friendly people. Have fun!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Karina F, Director de Recepción at Hotel Magic Mountain, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Michael, thanks so much for your comments!

We enjoy heard that you have had a beautiful stay with us.
We hope see you soon again and we wish give you the better stay you have had never.

Best regards....

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
near Geneva
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed here with the Caravan tour company and it was simply excellent - the staff, the services, the pool, the facilities and services (laundry well done overnight), complimentary wi-fi in the reception area. Lucky with the weather we had perfect views of the Arenal volcano from our room balcony. Two bars - one by the pool (a little small) and one on the 2nd floor on top of the restaurant (too noisy) but then we squeezed in the pool bar and greatly enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Try to get a balcony with a view of the Arenal volcano
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Magic Mountain Hotel!!

We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Magic Mountain Hotel.

We are proud of met your expectations, very nice comments and thanks again for visit us.

Best regards!!
Port Moody, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Room was very clean and tastefully decorated. Rooms are typical hotel size. (read small) Bathroom has weird little ramp thing up to the tub that we kept tripping over, but not a deal breaker. Nice little deck overlooking the lovely grounds/pool, and most importantly, a stunning view of the volcano. Staff friendly, helpful, and responsive. For example, one day we were sitting out by the pool and along came a guy who fired up a power washer and began cleaning the concrete. You can imagine what a buzz kill that was. I immediately went to the desk to complain and it was shut down immediately, never to appear again during our stay. This was much appreciated. One nice thing about this hotel is that the majority of people disappear during the day on various tours. The 4 of us had the whole pool to ourselves for an entire day as a result, which was delightful. My only criticism would be of the restaurant. They are trying very hard to be high-end but are missing the mark in terms of the food. Service was EXCELLENT, however I was disappointed to be served green tomatoes in the tropics. My husband ordered filet mignon...it was certainly not filet mignon, but another cut of steak that is not as good. I think that this has more to do with language issues than anything else. Some people rave about the breakfast...there was nothing wrong with it but I would have liked to see bacon available. They had omelettes, which was nice, but everything else was either fruit or something starchy. I would also like to review the spa...I had not intended on doing any spa stuff but they had a special on, so my daughter and I gave it a go. VERY good idea. We were surprised at how swank the spa was...you certainly would not think that looking at the hotel from the street. I highly recommend it...beautiful, super clean, and the staff was lovely and competent. Request a 3rd floor room to take advantage of the amazing view. Overall, would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor...best views!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Karina F, Director de Recepción at Hotel Magic Mountain, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Greetings from magic mountain hotel!!

We really appreciate to hear your suggestions, we are working in improve our restaurant, and you can be that sure we are going take care about the tub to avoid any accident...

We hope had met your expectations, and we desire see you soon; thanks so much for your comments again.

Best regards!!
Gorizia, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Well, if you want my 50 cents: do not stay here, you might get robbed! I was travelling with Caravan (tour company) and left 300$ in my safe in my room. We left the hotel for the day (left at 8 AM, got back at 5 PM) and when we got back, after dinner, I tried to open my safe to get my money and pack because we were leaving the next day. Well, my code to open the safe wouldn't work!! That seemed really strange -- the front desk sent up a guy who opened my safe. Then I checked my wallet and found out that all my dollars were upside-down so I counted them just to make sure... and found out that 60$ were missing!!! So I got to talk with the owner. She assured me she would check the videos to see if somebody got into my room while I was away -- and bang, the next day she phoned and said that somebody had moved the camera so she couldn't see who that was. But she did admit that somebody had stolen from my room, so she gave me back my 60 $.

Happy that I got my money back, but I have to say that there's no point in putting your money in a safe if there's somebody who knows a 'magic code' to open it right away!!! This should not happen, especially if you pay 150 $ a night. Don't stay here. There were little bugs in my bathroom and room -- like little ants. Food is just ok, the water in the swimmingpool is cold. And they'll try to rob you at the hotel bar too: they were trying to tell us that we didn't pay for our drinks while we already did!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Eidolina, Gerente at Hotel Magic Mountain, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
First of all I would like to apologize for what happened in our hotel, and then I would like to explain that what happened is unfortunately something that happens for the first time in our hotel, we did the necessary investigations but did not find any abnormality on the part of our staff, but still wanted to repay the money as our responsibility to our clients is that when you stay here is to enjoy and have fun, and in no way that something like what happened hinder your trip.
I apologize again, and we regret very much the bad experience happened.
Atlanta,Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a beautiful property with a great view of Arenal Volcano. We stayed for 3 days and found the hotel very clean and all the staff helpful and pleasant. I enjoyed the swim up bar and the waitress referred to me as Mr. Fish with a big beautiful smile! Get the breakfast buffet - the super fresh eggs are cooked to order and the fruit is to die for! We loved every minute! Thank you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Karina F, Director de Recepción at Hotel Magic Mountain, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Victor, we really appreciate your comments;
Is good to know that you had a good time with us.

Our customer are the most important for us, if you feel pleasent, we are too.
We hope see you again!
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Magic Mountain January 26 - 29. The hotel is clean and the staff are very helpful. The property is beautifully landscaped with lovely flowers and plants. We enjoyed some time at the pool and hot tubs. There is a bar by the pool where you can order drinks and food. The waitress was so attentive that we never had to leave our lounge chairs. The breakfast buffet was wonderful--the freshest papaya, mango and pineapple I've ever had.

We did some tours through Aventuras Arenal -- rainforest hike and Arenal hanging bridges, La Fortuna waterfall, volcano lava flow hike, Tabacon Hot Springs, Cano Negro river boat safari. These tours were the highlight of our time in Costa Rica. The tour guides were great and well worth the money. This is truly the most beautiful part of the country, so be sure you don't miss it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest; kindest regards from Magic Mountain Hotel!!

You are our priority, so really appreciate your comments, It is an honor for us to hear you had an excellent stay.

If you get a great time it means we are doing a good job to give you the best vacations you ever had.

Best regards...
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We just spent two nights in Magic Mountain Hotel in La Fortuna. We liked the location - between the town and the Arenal Volcano. From our balcony we had the greatest view of the Volcan, the garden and the pool. Yesterday we were able to even see the top of the Volcano. The hotel is clean and the staff helpful. We had a very good buffet breakfast at the restaurant adjacent to the hotel. At night my husband took the dinner buffet - at a very reasonable price. We appreciate the Wifi even though the signal was not very strong. Two little things that could be improved: the key to our door was not always functioning. We had to get a new key and play with it each time we entered the room. Also the paint was peeling on our door on the outside. Therefore our first impression was not the best even though we really enjoyed our stay there after.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Karina F, Director de Recepción at Hotel Magic Mountain, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear customer, thanks for your beautiful comments...

It's nice to know you spent an excellent stay at Magic Mountain Hotel.

We are working with the paint in the doors, It is almost ready, thanks for your suggestions about the keys problems also.

Magic Mountain Staff, hopes see you again.

Been to Hotel Magic Mountain? Share your experiences!