This was our favorite leg of our honeymoon. Even if we hadn't visited La Fortuna Waterfall or Tabacon Hot Springs, we would have had the best time just relaxing at this nearly private resort. We were one of maybe 6 couples that we ever saw hanging around this 100 acre property. It looked like a golf course resort without the golf course and sat less than 2 miles from the foot of the volcano (on the safe side). They recently added 20 new duplex style cabanas and a swim-up-bar pool and hot tub. Maybe it's the economy but the place seemed to be built just for us. Golf carts took us to and from the main entrance and our cabana whenever we were ready to head into town. The staff was helpful and friendly and the service was fast and precise. They have their own little private river that I chilled out with. If you're looking for relaxation and privacy, look no further. If you're looking for mobs and lots of kids head to Tabacon.
The sad morning we left we could hear the howler monkeys off in the distance!
My only critique would be that the walls were a little thin. We could hear a few people walking by one morning and a few other people hanging out on their patio one night. But for about $150 a night it was unbeatable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Manoa Hotel is a beautiful Arenal hotel to relax and enjoy the marvelous view of Arenal volcano in Costa Rica. Surrounded by gardens, pastures and animals, our rooms have been designed so that each one offers you a panoramic view of the Arenal volcano. Our visitors can take advantage of our spacious gardens for walking and meditation as well as the opportunities to see the daily operations of a typical Costa Rican farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Manoa Hotel And Spa
- Arenal Manoa Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park