We stayed here for two nights and before that we stayed at Tabacon for two nights. I wish we had stayed at Arenal Manoa the whole time! I absolutely loved this place. There are small buildings on the hillside that have only two rooms side by side in them, so they are very private and quiet. Each room has picture window sliding glass door going to a private patio with an amazing view of the volcano. We were lucky and had pretty clear skies for our stay. I could have sat on the patio with a delicious cup of coffee (can make it in your room) and watched the clouds pass over the volcano all day. We also saw monkeys, lizards, and birds outside our room. Hummingbirds visited the flowered bushes around our patio. The rooms were very large, beds were comfortable, and bathroom was really nice. The grounds are large and very pretty. There is a shuttle that comes right away when you call the desk to pick you up if you like, or you can walk to the lobby or restaurant if you want, which we did most of the time. It is nice to walk around and look at the little pond, waterfall, various trees, etc. They have an operating farm on the property too which you take a free tour of. We saw a couple Oropendolas on the walk to the farm. They also have a spa on location if you are so inclined. They have a thermal pool and a regular pool - both have bars, food, and views of the volcano with the regular one being the best view. We ate breakfast (included), one lunch, and one dinner at the hotel during our stay. The breakfast buffet is great with the typical food and an omelet bar. Lunch was good and not as expensive as some hotels, but still more than you will pay in town. Dinner was also good. I think you can get better meals in town, but if you don't feel like going out, it is not a bad choice. They will arrange tours for you at the front desk. The staff was friendly and helpful. It is only about 10 minutes driving from downtown. If I am ever back in La Fortuna, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Manoa Hotel is a beautiful Arenal hotel to relax and enjoy the marvelous view of Arenal volcano in Costa Rica. Surrounded by gardens, pastures and animals, our rooms have been designed so that each one offers you a panoramic view of the Arenal volcano. Our visitors can take advantage of our spacious gardens for walking and meditation as well as the opportunities to see the daily operations of a typical Costa Rican farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Manoa Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Manoa Hotel And Spa
- Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park