We stayed for two nights at the Arenal Manoa Hotel during our Honeymoon in Costa Rica. Our first stop was a very small hotel on the Caribbean coast, so this hotel - being a big resort - was quite different from the first one.
The first afternoon we stayed at the pool area, which was nice and had a small wet bar. For the next day, we booked a Hanging bridges tour via the hotel, and the tour was really nice. The jungle was very beautiful with amazing views from the bridges. After the tour we stayed the afternoon in the Tabacon hot springs. It's simply an amazingly beautiful outdoor natural spa with hot springs heated up by the vulcano and well worth the visit.
We were definitely among the youngest guests (30+) in the hotel, the majority of the guests being "senior citizens". Nevertheless, we enjoyed our stay here as well. The room was spacious and clean, and it had a beautiful view of the volcano. We found the room a bit "unpersonal".
The breakfast buffet was really good with a variety of different things - fresh fruit, an omelette station, hot and cold dishes and so on. We also ate in the hotel restaurant during the evenings, and the food was good, but not outstanding (and a bit overpriced).
If you're looking for a comfortable resort style stay, the Arenal Manoa will probably be a safe choise for you. Perhaps we would look for a smaller, more personal hotel the next time, but this is our preference and not the hotel's "fault" ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Manoa Hotel is a beautiful Arenal hotel to relax and enjoy the marvelous view of Arenal volcano in Costa Rica. Surrounded by gardens, pastures and animals, our rooms have been designed so that each one offers you a panoramic view of the Arenal volcano. Our visitors can take advantage of our spacious gardens for walking and meditation as well as the opportunities to see the daily operations of a typical Costa Rican farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Manoa Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Manoa Hotel And Spa
- Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park