“Great hotel! Nice amenities!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Head northwest on Route 142, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 21007, Costa Rica   |
Chicago, Illinois
“Great hotel! Nice amenities!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here with my significant other. The checkin was very professional, grounds are amazing, service is wonderful. Great view of the volcano, and although you need a car, positioned well between Fortuna and the park. Pools are wonderful, and happy hour is buy one, get one free even though the menu doesn't say that!! You also get a free mask at the spa if you stay there for 3 nights - services were fantastic.

Room Tip: The low 200s were the best I think - Close to the restaurant and smaller pools, with a excellent vie...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
South Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I traveled with a group of 6 and we all loved our stay at Arenal Manoa Hotel and Spa. The grounds are gorgeous and the views are spectacular. The view from our patio was a postcard image of the volcano surrounded by lush vegetation. The rooms were spacious and clean.

The breakfast was delicious (I did not eat other meals there) and offered everything that one might want. Also, gorgeous views were provided at the restaurant as well.

The staff was very friendly and helpful with all of our needs. They made great recommendations with regard to things to do in the area. Overall, no complaints from me or the rest of my crew! We would all stay there again in a heartbeat!

SLS

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had an excellent stay at the Hotel Arenal Manoa. Beautiful grounds; clean comfortable rooms; great food; spectacular views and super friendly staff all made for a wonderful stay. We would definitely go back.

Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The room was big, clean and had comfortable beds. Lots of beautiful colorful birds, atmosphere was relaxing. The breakfast included was buffet style with delicious fruits and costa rican food. They even had options for freshly made vegetable/fruit smoothies and cook to order eggs.
We enjoyed the hot springs pool and the swim up bar.
My husband really liiked the mahi mahi for dinner , and we loved the desserts.
Cons: the rough/ bumpy road from the main road, although smooth ride somehow when in a taxi .
The worms that come in at night because of the big gap between the door and the floor, they have readily remedy it though with "bug off" sprayed on the floor by the door. I don't understand why they wouldn't just provided every room with a plug to seal the door.
Erick who works there is very helpful and nice to us, he drives the shuttle that takes us to and from our room when needed, and he helped with the "bugs problem."

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Good location but the hotel is set quite far book from the main road. The rroms are a little dated and all seemed to have 2 double beds. Very noisy overnight. The shower rooms were excellent and the food for breakfast was good.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We spent 2 nights here while on a tour of Costa Rica. Each room has it's own little porch and each room looks at the majestic Arenal Volcano. The grounds as stunning and I would recommend taking the time to walk around and see all the different flora. There are 3 pools and a fabulous Spa, which we, unfortunately did not have the time to take advantage of. The rooms are extremely clean and the bathrooms amazing, with a huge walk in shower which also includes real plants!
The restaurant sits among lush green foliage and serves very good food. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Our room was directly off one of the paths leading to the restaurant. If I were to chose again I wou...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We just finished our stay here and thoroughly enjoyed it. My husband and I came for a belated anniversary trip. I'm super picky when it comes to clean and these rooms were! We went on a canoe safari (day trip) that was awesome! We also went on an ATV excursion. I recommend to skip that and save some money. Hiking to Fortuna falls and Celeste falls was work but so worth it! Feb. is the perfect time or year to visit. The climate is mild, beginning of the dry season. Not too hot and not too cold.... Just right!
Here's a list of my pros and cons.

Pros: cleanliness, room comfort, (even though pretty basic) promptness to requests, views, hot springs, pools and gorgeous property, proximity to area landmarks and attractions (even though we had a car) the hotel staff and locals. Eco-conscience, with recycle bins outside each room door. And the coffee, Costa Rican coffee! ( I swear it tastes like there's chocolate in it!) I also loved sitting at at breakfast watching the variety of beautiful birds. Breakfast was inclusive for us and was good. There were some variations to it to keep it interesting.

Cons: at check in we were given a list of do's and don'ts (mostly pertaining to the use of towels). What I absolutely thought was absurd and did not like was the paper I had to sign stating if I left any body fluids on the bed I would be charged! WHAT????? I'm sure they've seen it all but I found it to be a bit insulting and not very welcoming at all!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!