The Hotel Manoa is a strikingly beautiful place with little bungalows and duplex type bungalows built into a hillside in the jungle. It is a huge property (really huge) and beautifully landscaped. Our view was spectacular. The fact that the property is so large is kind of a problem unless you are in good shape. Being older, I had to call for a shuttle to take me to the restaurant and to the front desk. The free breakfast was outstanding with loads of delicious fresh fruit, pastries and omelets. The restaurant at night was over priced and not nearly as good as at breakfast. The hotel is probably 5 miles from the town of La Fortuna so just going to the super market or out to eat requires a taxi. One thing I did that I recommend to everyone is to order a sim card from ICE and use a world phone (unlocked) so you can call taxis, etc. The wifi at the hotel didn't work very well and was very slow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Manoa Hotel is a beautiful Arenal hotel to relax and enjoy the marvelous view of Arenal volcano in Costa Rica. Surrounded by gardens, pastures and animals, our rooms have been designed so that each one offers you a panoramic view of the Arenal volcano. Our visitors can take advantage of our spacious gardens for walking and meditation as well as the opportunities to see the daily operations of a typical Costa Rican farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Manoa Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Manoa Hotel And Spa
- Arenal Manoa Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park