We spent two nights here. My mom had a cabin to herself and the other four of us stayed in a bigger cabin (bungalo) with a kitchenette. This place is far enough off the beaten path that you don't hear any noise at night except the frogs.
There is a little restaurant on the grounds. You can watch the birds and chickens wander around. There are wonderful little hiking trails.
We did the frog watching tour! Highly recommend that. We saw frogs and fresh water crabs and pistol ants (or something like that). It was a fun fun tour. We also got rained on during the tour, but in the morning, I dropped off all our wet clothes and the staff it in a dryer for me at no charge.
All our rooms had fans in them.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Oasis Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Oasis Hotel
- Arenal Oasis Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful place is the results of several years of conservation, allowing to a different species of animal a new home; at the beginning of the 80’s was a big cattle field and now it is a paradise for Sloths, Mexican Anteater, Gray Fox, Ocelots, howler Monkeys, Toucans, Manakines, Hummingbirds, Turkeys, Tree Frogs, Glass Frogs and Poison Dart Frogs, Snakes, Lizards and much more...Accomplishing this rich natural environment, the Rojas Bonilla family created some cabins out in the woods, restaurant and one thematic trail of a several stations all along the refuge, where the visitors get a speech about natural history of the species. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Arenal Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.