Usually, a picture is better than words, but no picture can represent the colors, smells and sounds of the forest sorrounding the charming wooden cabins of Arenal Oasis ecolodge. Minutes from La fortuna, but hidden in the forest, the beautiful cabins are an excellent base for traveling in the Arenal area. The place is run by a very friendly family that wilingly adviced us about Arenal volcano, the area and everything we needed in town. Breakfast is served in an open garden, where the owners set fruits that attract so many kinds of colorful birds. Don't miss the night walk! We did it with the lodge's experienced guid who easily tracked many kinds of frogs, snakes, insects etc. and shared his wide knowledge with us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful place is the results of several years of conservation, allowing to a different species of animal a new home; at the beginning of the 80’s was a big cattle field and now it is a paradise for Sloths, Mexican Anteater, Gray Fox, Ocelots, howler Monkeys, Toucans, Manakines, Hummingbirds, Turkeys, Tree Frogs, Glass Frogs and Poison Dart Frogs, Snakes, Lizards and much more...Accomplishing this rich natural environment, the Rojas Bonilla family created some cabins out in the woods, restaurant and one thematic trail of a several stations all along the refuge, where the visitors get a speech about natural history of the species. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Oasis Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Oasis Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park