Stayed here on my recent honeymoon. Location is great within the arrenal area to access all the local attractions. Grounds are a beautiful little nature preserve, and each room is its own little cabin with a private parking space-very nice if you want to time to feel alone with the sounds of the jungle. Service was excellent - the man running the place even took the time to draw us a map to rio Celeste national park for a day trip we were planning!
Be aware that it is an Eco-lodge concept place, which means no AC and rooms that are not completely bug-proof. Neither of these things became an issue during our stay.
Overall, a very pretty place to stay for a good value if you plan to be filling most of your day with adventures around the area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful place is the results of several years of conservation, allowing to a different species of animal a new home; at the beginning of the 80's was a big cattle field and now it is a paradise for Sloths, Mexican Anteater, Gray Fox, Ocelots, howler Monkeys, Toucans, Manakines, Hummingbirds, Turkeys, Tree Frogs, Glass Frogs and Poison Dart Frogs, Snakes, Lizards and much more...Accomplishing this rich natural environment, the Rojas Bonilla family created some cabins out in the woods, restaurant and one thematic trail of a several stations all along the refuge, where the visitors get a speech about natural history of the species. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Arenal Oasis Eco Lodge & Wildlife Refuge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Oasis Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Oasis Eco Lodge & Wildlife Refuge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park