My husband and I with our 4 and 6 year old boys stayed at Arenal Oasis the first week of March 2012. The cabins were cozy and clean. The grounds are well kept and tidy. There is a lovely nature trail that is self guided and has a butterfly garden and several stops along the way where you can see snakes, lizards, frogs and spiders in glass tanks. We would have liked to do the night walk but I felt that $80 usd was out of our price range to take our family of 4. It would have been nice to have a family discount offered. Breakfast was include and was ok, not very hot, but the varity of birds surrounding us as we ate made it very pleasant. If you go during the first weekend of March be prepared for the very loud festival in town. We chose this place for a peacful and quiet location and were not disappointed until about 10pm when the music started in town (which was about 3 km away). The music was so loud it felt like it was in the next room! Not anything the owners can do about it, but just be aware that if you don't want to take part in the festivities you will be exposed to a long night if noise regardless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful place is the results of several years of conservation, allowing to a different species of animal a new home; at the beginning of the 80’s was a big cattle field and now it is a paradise for Sloths, Mexican Anteater, Gray Fox, Ocelots, howler Monkeys, Toucans, Manakines, Hummingbirds, Turkeys, Tree Frogs, Glass Frogs and Poison Dart Frogs, Snakes, Lizards and much more...Accomplishing this rich natural environment, the Rojas Bonilla family created some cabins out in the woods, restaurant and one thematic trail of a several stations all along the refuge, where the visitors get a speech about natural history of the species. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Oasis Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Oasis Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park