We loved this spot - close to town (a little tough to find the first night) but quiet and with the most welcoming and helpful staff. It's clean and very well-maintained - good shower, good mattress. A charming touch: the towels were folded into a different shape each day that our cabin was cleaned (a snail one day, a heart another...). Don't miss the evening frog walk! I was amazed at how much wildlife we saw, and our guide was very informative - it helped me to appreciate so much more deeply all the wildlife around us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful place is the results of several years of conservation, allowing to a different species of animal a new home; at the beginning of the 80’s was a big cattle field and now it is a paradise for Sloths, Mexican Anteater, Gray Fox, Ocelots, howler Monkeys, Toucans, Manakines, Hummingbirds, Turkeys, Tree Frogs, Glass Frogs and Poison Dart Frogs, Snakes, Lizards and much more...Accomplishing this rich natural environment, the Rojas Bonilla family created some cabins out in the woods, restaurant and one thematic trail of a several stations all along the refuge, where the visitors get a speech about natural history of the species. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Arenal Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Oasis Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Oasis Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park