I came here on my own and stayed in an Eco lodge by reception with a beautiful view. The hotel is tucked into the natural surrounding and well-maintained. It was rainy season, so very few other guests were around. Breakfast was very good; if recommend trying the typical Costa Rican breakfast -- the kitchen staff clearly has a better hand in cooking it up than the non-traditional, but all dishes were tasty. The reception staff was extremely courteous and helpful as I tried to figure out dinner. That is the one downfall of this place: without a car, you either have to taxi into town or order delivery, which comes out quite pricey. That said, there is no comparison between this hotel and the dodgey ones in La Fortuna.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest of the northern hills of Costa Rica, Hotel Kokoro Arenal is the perfect hideaway retreat blessed with untouched flora and fauna and a panoramic setting overlooking the majestic volcano of Arenal. At Kokoro Arenal, each of our carefully designed eco-villas offers a stay in a cozy family oriented style, with charm, and a service approach prepared in a joyful, attentive, and sustainable way. The lodging grounds also invite you to dip into the hill-top swimming pool, tropical hut with hammock, and explore our tucked away rainforest trails. With our Kokoro ‘heartfelt’ ways, we aim to revitalize your senses and share with you a vibrant experience in the Costa Rican tropics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Kokoro Arenal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokoro Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Resort Kokoro Arenal
- Hotel Kokoro Arenal Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park