Family stayed here two nights in April and loved it. It was our first time in the area and hadn't pre-booked any activities so we needed a lot of help figuring out which ones to do. The reception desk guys were amazingly welcoming, knowledgeable, and patient as we asked them question after question after question. For our canopy tour, we didn't feel like they were steering us to one company versus another; with their help we picked the right fit for us, and they handled all the reservations and pickup logistics (most of the staff seem to be bilingual).
We loved our standalone cabin. Fit four people comfortably with everything we needed. The included breakfast was good, as was the not-included dinner. Free coffee all day. We also enjoyed the pool and hot springs. Lots of birds visible everywhere on the property (we saw tanagers, great kiskadees, and gray-headed chachalacas, and apparently missed out on the toucans).
Since we decided not to rent a car, and the hotel is well outside walking distance from town, we were also enormously grateful for their EXCELLENT recommendation of an unofficial taxi driver named Randall, whom we used all three days. Randall was very friendly, charged us a very fair price (MUCH cheaper than the official taxis), and was happy to come pick us up whenever we wanted, including very early in the morning. He doesn't speak much English, but as long as you can tell him where to pick you up and drop you off, I highly recommend him, as unlike most drivers you can be confident he will not try to rip you off. His number is 8762-8730.
Thank you Fernando, Felico, Alonso, Amanda, and Todd!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest of the northern hills of Costa Rica, Hotel Kokoro Arenal is the perfect hideaway retreat blessed with untouched flora and fauna and a panoramic setting overlooking the majestic volcano of Arenal. At Kokoro Arenal, each of our carefully designed eco-villas offers a stay in a cozy family oriented style, with charm, and a service approach prepared in a joyful, attentive, and sustainable way. The lodging grounds also invite you to dip into the hill-top swimming pool, tropical hut with hammock, and explore our tucked away rainforest trails. With our Kokoro ‘heartfelt’ ways, we aim to revitalize your senses and share with you a vibrant experience in the Costa Rican tropics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Kokoro Arenal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokoro Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Resort Kokoro Arenal
- Hotel Kokoro Arenal Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park