This is one of the better places we stayed when on our excursion across Costa Rica. We had quite the worldwin getting to this locations and arrived well before our check in time. They were sympathetic to our situation and allowed us to check in early and get sleep. The grounds were lush and beautiful with an array of different types of birds. The rooms were spacious and the bathroom was very roomy. The beds were the most comfortable out of the whole trip. Having wifi was esscential for our friends who were with us since they needed to be connected in some way to work. For me, it was just an added bonus to connect to my family from time to time. The breakfast the first day was very plentiful, but the second day was lacking to the point where they barely had food to feed us. One of the attendents at the dinning room saw that there was no food left at the buffett but did not do a thing...just kept talking to other guests even though he clearly saw that we were confused. That was a disappointment. Also, they were building 3 more cabins next to ours, so it became a bit noisy, but nothing we couldn't handle. They had their own hot springs there which was nice. The location is great. We only got to see the volcano for maybe 3 hours before it was hidden by low stratus. But I can imagine on a nice sunny morning, the views much be amazing. With all this said, we really enjoyed our stay. We would definitely come back again...just make sure to provide enough food for all your guests.
- Also Known As:
- Kokoro Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Kokoro Arenal Hotel
- Resort Kokoro Arenal
- Hotel Kokoro Arenal Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest of the northern hills of Costa Rica, Hotel Kokoro Arenal is the perfect hideaway retreat blessed with untouched flora and fauna and a panoramic setting overlooking the majestic volcano of Arenal. At Kokoro Arenal, each of our carefully designed eco-villas offers a stay in a cozy family oriented style, with charm, and a service approach prepared in a joyful, attentive, and sustainable way. The lodging grounds also invite you to dip into the hill-top swimming pool, tropical hut with hammock, and explore our tucked away rainforest trails. With our Kokoro ‘heartfelt’ ways, we aim to revitalize your senses and share with you a vibrant experience in the Costa Rican tropics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Hotel Kokoro Arenal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.