This is a trip we will never stop talking about. We stayed in the Toucan cabin and it was absolutely beautiful. The food was fantastic and completely natural. To get to Leaves and Lizards you will need to rent a jeep, it's a pretty rocky road that leads into the retreat, but nothing to turn you away.
This is a great place to stay and see a large variety of sites. We stayed for a week and went to the Tabacon Hot Springs (a must!!!), the volcano, waterfalls and a whole bunch of other attractions. Ask Debbie or Steve about the boat trip they can arrange for you. It's absolutely spectacular! Monkeys, beautiful birds, it's a perfect peek into the true jungle.
Steve and Debbie are amazing. We were two women on a trip from Canada, renting a jeep, driving on rocky roads and we were a little nervous. Steve and Debbie will help you get there, help you find what you would like to see and are happy to answer any question you may have. They are fantastic.
We stayed in the Toucan cabin. It was really nice, lots of space and of course an amazing view of the volcano which errupted quite a few times while we were there. Sitting on the balcony and watching the humming birds, listening to the sounds of the jungle is an amazing experience.
I would highly recommend going on the tour around the property, it's extremely educating. There is something everywhere you go and it's usually ten times larger than where your from. The tour guides know what to look for, that you may not see on your own.
The town of Arenal is pretty nice, you can go for a relaxing massage, pick up some groceries, alchol, cigerettes, have an ice cream etc. The people in town are extremely sweet and helpful. We had a problem with our camera and despite not speaking english they tried so hard to help out, one person even took our arm to show us where to get a new camera.
An amazing cabin retreat, amazing hosts, amazing food, amazing attractions, amazing people. You will fall in love with this trip!
- Also Known As:
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Hotel
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This secluded resort is located on 26 acres with spectacular viewing of the Arenal Volcano near La Fortuna. Enjoy the panoramic vista of Arenal and Cerro Chato from a hammock on your porch or from your comfortable, orthopedic, queen sized beds with Egyptian cotton sheets. Meals prepared using locally grown ingredients at the Lava Lizard on-site dining facility. Guests are invited to help with daily 'chores' on this working farm. Milk a cow, collect eggs for breakfast or groom a horse. Enjoy private horseback riding, professional guide service, on site spa and 2 km of on site nature trails. The vision at Leaves and Lizards is to create the perfect blend of adventure, discovery and tranquility for each guest. ... more less