Based on other reviews on this site, I booked our entire week vacation here for myself, my husband and my two boys, 9 and 11. We were soooo happy we made the decision not to try to drive somewhere else because Leaves and Lizards had IT ALL. Debbie and Steve are amazing hosts, warm and down to earth, with terrific advice and planning, all done seemingly without a sweat. We were in heaven in the Hummingbird Hacienda, views and birds galore. The food in the outdoor restaurant, accompanied by parrot Lorita, was excellent. We ziplined, rafted, horseback rode to the falls, and then, we took Debbie's recommendation and stayed overnight at the nearby family farm. I worried about going to the farm after being “at home” at Leaves and Lizards but I needn't have: Erick and Nayu and their girls were so welcoming and loving, Nayu’s cooking was amazing, the “cabin” was gorgeous and comfy with views to die for, and doing "the chores" turned out to be rewarding for us, who know nothing about farms. The day was very slow-paced so this may not for everyone, but we will never forget the cultural immersion. Thank you, Debbie and Steve, for being you and for making this our best vacation as a family so far.
- Also Known As:
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Hotel
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This secluded resort is located on 26 acres with spectacular viewing of the Arenal Volcano near La Fortuna. Enjoy the panoramic vista of Arenal and Cerro Chato from a hammock on your porch or from your comfortable, orthopedic, queen sized beds with Egyptian cotton sheets. Meals prepared using locally grown ingredients at the Lava Lizard on-site dining facility. Guests are invited to help with daily 'chores' on this working farm. Milk a cow, collect eggs for breakfast or groom a horse. Enjoy private horseback riding, professional guide service, on site spa and 2 km of on site nature trails. The vision at Leaves and Lizards is to create the perfect blend of adventure, discovery and tranquility for each guest. ... more less