This was a nine day trek on horseback. We have very beginners with us and they had not one issue. We still could gallop while they walked. We held a sloth on the very first day. We went swimming with our horses. This was great fun. Each day was a planed adventure. It never rained during the ride only at night!
The horses are the best well trained. They all went in the Doctor Cooks bit less bridle and that made it all the more special. Debbie and Steve the owners and the staff, guides, cooks. Take Te time you need. the service was wonderful. food was delicious. I will be going back again each time I see more of this beautiful country and its people. Thank you so much for this wonderful vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This secluded resort is located on 26 acres with spectacular viewing of the Arenal Volcano near La Fortuna. Enjoy the panoramic vista of Arenal and Cerro Chato from a hammock on your porch or from your comfortable, orthopedic, queen sized beds with Egyptian cotton sheets. Meals prepared using locally grown ingredients at the Lava Lizard on-site dining facility. Guests are invited to help with daily 'chores' on this working farm. Milk a cow, collect eggs for breakfast or groom a horse. Enjoy private horseback riding, professional guide service, on site spa and 2 km of on site nature trails. The vision at Leaves and Lizards is to create the perfect blend of adventure, discovery and tranquility for each guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Leaves and Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park