“Safe environment , Friendly, Warm like Home, accommodated to the customer needs.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Arenal Green

You added Hotel Arenal Green to your Saves list
Hotel Arenal Green
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1km oeste de la entrada a Catarata Rio Fortuna, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica   |
Carolina, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a very quiet, peaceful hotel. Clean as it can be. The Hotel host , Melvin made my experience just the best in my 3 nights stay in la Fortuna. He accommodated to my needs and not the other way around like we are used to in U.S. He made sure we knew how to move around every day and always offered alternatives, ideas and information for us to plan our day better. Never felt the pressure of doing something I didn't want , on the contrary, I felt they were really making sure I had the best time I wanted to have while I was there. The breakfast were delicious and all the staff was extremely friendly without being disrespectful. not 5 but 10 stars to customer service experience. The 'patron' , George was also there every day to say good morning and even gave us a ride one day to the town. I really felt like I was at a friends home vacationing. Pura Vida!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Spent three nights at the Hotel Arenal Green. Great location, far enough away from town to be quiet, with beautiful views of Volcano. Would recommend having a car or getting anywhere from here is a bit of a walk or would require a taxi.. Great breakfast, cozy, comfortable rooms with lovely front porches to read or simply relax on, and absolutely wonderful staff. A special thank you to Melvin who was so friendly and kind throughout our stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

this was the first trip I planned using advice from trip advisor and it turned out great! Arenal Green had the most friendly and helpful staff of anywhere we stayed in Costa Rica. great little cabanas, breakfast included and a beautiful view of the Volcano. Close to town and the many attractions of the area, this place is definitely worth checking out!

Room Tip: cabanas 7 and 8 have the best views
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Wonderful, welcoming, helpful, clean and a delicious breakfast! Well worth the price. Close enough to walk to the waterfall and beautiful views! Staff is incredibly helpful and kind, and arranged multiple trips for us at a cheaper rate than the agencies in town. He's also great at karaoke!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Princeton,NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We booked for 3 nights but only stayed for 2. This was nothing to do with the hotel which was good and well run. The weather rains a lot here. As often happens here, we never saw the volcano due to rain clouds. We stayed 4 nights in La Fortuna (2 nights at Cerro Azul, 2 nights here). After 4 days of rain, we had enough. The management gave us a partial refund on our last unused night which was a fair compromise although I'm sure they were able to rent the room as they were constantly turning away people because everywhere was full.
The cabins had screened "holes" on the sides instead of glass windows. This allowed for a fair amount of external noise, particularly if you are in a cabin near the road.
This hotel is very much on a par with Cerro Azul which has a much higher rating. Cerro Azul has the rear deck which is better though.
Breakfast was good.
The staff were all very helpful.

Room Tip: Further away from the road is quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I love this place. Great value for your vacation dollar. Our cabin was kept immaculately clean. I chose Arenal Green because it reminded me of the real CR feeling from the past, built with that warm beautiful wood from the forest. The landscaping is beautiful & makes it feel your cabin is completely private. It's so quiet. Beautiful view of Mt. Arenal from the porch. Big shower with great water pressure, lots of hot water. The best "tipical" CR breakfast we had of all areas we stayed. Such flavor. I looked forward to it each morning before heading out for the day. The air conditioner worked great too. Flat screen tv with so many channels also. It's on the same road as La Fortuna water fall. The people running it are the nicest & most helpful. I would definately stay there again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

My only regret about staying here is that I stayed here for too short a time! Only 6 cottages in the property with a good amount of separation among them - designed to give everyone full privacy and comfort in a charming set-up. Insides of the cottages are nicely decorated (only closet space missing, but can be worked around) with a pretty decent sized bathroom. You can get an unobstructed view of the Mount Arenal from the room and the property. Takes about 10 min to get to downtown (if not driving, easy to call a cab that the hotel does for you) yet far away from the crowd in a serene natural setting.
Service all around was great. Loved the breakfast. The chef prepared a quick lunch for me on Day 1 before my hike - was delicious! Kayeline (spelling ?) at the front desk, who is also in the extended family of the owners, was very helpful and courteous with information, trip setups, and in general making my stay memorable. Quality of service exceeds that level of expectation when done with a great smile that I found here.
Highly recommend this place whether you're traveling solo or with a family. If you do come, don't do what I did, stay longer...:-) you'll enjoy this hidden gem. Looking forward to visiting again in the future, given that this seems to be a great base to explore a myriad of natural and adventurous options around this great place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Arenal Green? Share your experiences!