Me and my husband decided on Costa Rica for our honeymoon after going through tons of places. We felt it will be a perfect balance of beaches and forests. Also Dec 1st to 15th is a great time for the country as it does not rain as much and peak season in most places begin Dec 15th. After our long and tiring flight from New York City to San Jose, CR, we immediately took a private ride to Hotel Arenal Springs Resort, La Fortuna which we had booked through arenal.net . It cost us $130 but we felt we saved over staying the night in San Jose and then taking a shuttle. It turned out to be a very wise decision as it was just a 3 hour ride and when we reached Arenal Springs we were immediately welcome with a nice mixed fruit cocktail and were guided to our very comfy Junior Suite room.
Arenal Springs had provided us with a great 4 night stay package for around $731 with a Junior Suite room of Volcano view, breakfast buffet on all mornings, a bottle of wine, 2 romantic dinners and a 45min Swedish massage for the two of us. We had liked the honeymoon package deal and asked for a mixture as we wanted to stay for 4 nights and wanted to eat in La Fortuna town one night. I am very thankful to Miguel Munera for the great deal. He works out something that suits your requirement, so do talk to him about what you are looking for in your stay (meals, tours, spa etc.).
The room was excellent with a vocalno view from the balcony as well as the bathroom. It is absolutely breathtaking in the morning. Also room service was great and everything was very clean. They offered a ride from the room to the reception or restaurant if it was raining or say you are too tired to walk, which we never felt as the walk is also beautiful. You'll come across humming birds outside your balcony and throughout the place. They are everywhere! It was so beautiful. The restaurant ambience and service is also great. People are very polite, friendly and always smiling.
We also took some tours through them for which we payed extra. We advice you to decide on them once you are there as the weather is quite unpredictable especially when we were there in December. Edward was a great help with the tours.The ones we took were Venado Caverns and Volcano Hike. We were also ineterested in Rio Celeste but it was raining one day so we were short of time. One evening we also walked to the Frogs and Snake Nature park which is at a 5min walk from the resort - we absolutely loved that too! The one day it rained we just took our Swedish massage and hanged out in their hot spring pool having drinks and had a good afternoon nap. It was very very relaxing. We highly recommend Swedish massage, it cost us $35 per person with the package which was great. That evening we spent in La Fortuna town. The hotel offers a taxi for $20.
We absolutely enjoyed every bit of our stay. The only part we feel the resort can improve on is the dinner options. It mostly has pasta and rice beans. You will have enough options if you are there for 2 days, but with our 4 night stay we had to repeat our orders. Breakfast buffet was great though, we still miss their Pinto with curry sauce.
Apart from this one thing that no one told us, which has nothing to do with the resort experience, is that the volcano is active only certain months of the year. We could only see smoke coming of the craters. There was no lava. So if you can, try and time your visit to when it is active. But watching the volcano and the craters by itself was also quite pleasant.
Hope our experience review helped answer some of your questions!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park