I enjoyed the location and the lodge style rooms with super cool bathrooms. The room had a metal/plastic roof with white plastic over the shower. This allowed light in for the shade loving plants planted by the shower wall.l There was a half inch gap between the wall and the roof which allowed the plants to be watered by rainfall (super cool). It also allowed critters (insects and lizards) to gain access. Nothing like sharing a shower with nature.
A retractable clothes line for drying clothes was mounted in the shower area. However, because of the open roof and placement of the line, bathing suits or other articles of clothing would be hit by the falling rain and not dry properly. Also, because of the open roof, the bathroom area remained warm and humid and added to the drying problem.
Storage space in the bathrooms was extremely limited. While I had space for my bare minimum toiletries, my wife and daughter found the space to be completely inadequate.
The beds were hard and uncomfortable.. The AC unit is controlled by a remote control which in my case needed new batteries. I could hear the people next door (my wife and daughter) through the shower but closing the bathroom with the AC on covered the noise. Sleeping quality was overall is good. This is an eco rated hotel with a control to automatically turn off the lights and ac when the single key is removed This may be a problem during full summer bur we were there in winter (rainy season) with temps from 70-85 degrees F. I found the rainfall noise from the roof rather romantic.
We were on the 600 row. While a previous reviewer stated they preferred the garden view and not that of the parking area and street that we had, I found the walk to be closer from the street in the frequent downpours (it was rainy season) then needing to walk around the building from the street to the entrance. Because all the bungalows are on a hillside, our view out was not blocked by the buildings across the street. Unfortunately, we never did see the volcano because of the low clouds.
The grounds were beautiful. At the end of our row was a neighboring property which was a pasture with grazing cows. My wife also took shelter in the yoga pavilion during one of the frequent heavy showers. It was a large beautiful space. There were no mats available in the pavilion and we don't know if the resort has them available for use.
The restaurant was open air. We were on a Caravan tour and our breakfast and dinner was buffet style. My daughter has a severe allergy to bananas (epi pen severe). When she checked and found out that the food in the hot trays were all presented on banana leaf liners, the chef came out and discussed with her what she would like to have for dinner and cooked her dinner for her. Kudos for this extra service.
We would return to this resort if we ever return to the Arenal Volcano area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 6 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park