Good part first:
My new husband and I stayed at Arenal Springs Resort for 4 days, 3 nights. We loved the hot springs, swim up sushi bar, and breakfast that was included. The made-to-order omelets were incredible, coupled with all the comfort food from home, plus exotic fruit & local fare. Love the Spa at this resort, we got a couple's massage and were impressed with the serenity of the location, as well as the professionalism of the spa staff - Great experience! Also the tour coordinator was amazing, and helped us pick just the right activities and times, so we could fit everything in and still relax. Excellent service in this regard!
Now the not-so-good part:
1.The safe in the room kept experiencing difficulty, even though we followed the re-set instructions. The power would fail, and we had to call maintenance more than once to manually open it. We finally gave up, and hid our valuables elsewhere in the room, which was uncomfortable.
2. The second morning, I went in the bathroom and closed the door. Upon trying to exit, I noticed that handle would turn, but not retract the closing mechanism in the doorknob. It was clearly broken. I banged and yelled until my husband, on the veranda, heard me and came inside. A maintenance man was called to get me out, and jimmied the door. Now, I'm not one to complain, and I can understand that things break, and that there are language barriers - but despite the inconvenience of being stuck in a bathroom, I was disappointed with the treatment. The multiple maintenance people treated us like we were stupid, and kept trying to explain how to use the doorknob. Well, I showed them how it was broken and he didn't believe me, so I literally went back in the bathroom and shut the door, and said from the other side "see? still broken! please replace the door handle". Only then did he call a second maintenance worker who brought a new doorknob. It was more frustrating to be treated like a dumb tourist, than it was to be locked in a bathroom.
3. The restaurant food was only so/so. There are only two restaurants to choose from, and both are exorbitantly expensive for small, average tasting portions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 6 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park