Our family of four traveled here with another family and some friends, and thought the Arenal Springs Resort and Spa offered something for everyone. There are multiple pools, all offering a different water temperature with some supposedly heated by the thermal pools of nearby Arenal Volcano. Water falls and beautiful landscaping are all around the property.
The largest pool has a swim-up bar with nearly endless pina coladas, which magically appear as you waive your color-coded bracelet (obtained at check-in and serves for easy room charges). Next to this, another pool with swim up sushi bar is a bit cooler. Nearby, a super hot pool and a super cold pool allow your shocker of choice, and then there's the gigantic jacuzzi that seats at least 12. The kids loved jumping from pool to pool, as well as running around the expansive lawns and gardens.
The rooms are pretty good, and are all positioned with views of the volcano. Room interiors are okaaayyy, but not fantastic. Needs a little sprucing. Bathrooms are not fab.
And the restaurant is not the greatest. You get breakfast included in your room rate, and it was very good. Dinner, however, was really mediocre. You'd be better off going to town for dinner, because there are several restaurants serving very good local dishes which we really enjoyed.
One thing to note - nothing is close in this area of Costa Rica, so the hotel is a drive away from the nearest town, La Fortuna, and also pretty much every other destination or activity you want to do in this area. But no matter - all the nicer resort hotels have the same issue. The Arenal Springs Resort has an excellent concierge who is willing to set up tours, have drivers arranged, vans from the airport in San Jose, pretty much everything. They made it all really easy and were so pleasant and helpful.
And as all the locals say, Pura Vida!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park