This place has a bit of a tropical suburbia feel to it with the little houses lined up along a grid of streets. The room was nice, it had a shower with a solid window on one side of it (half frosted for privacy but still mildly unnerving). It was fun to see the volcano as you were showering though with the tropical birds flying by. There were three rather dangerous (for someone who is accident prone) steps to take to get in the shower unfortunately. The room was nice, they folded our towels each day into the shape of a different animal (it made me smile!). I loved hanging out on the little porch and looking at the cloud capped volcano. The staff was so friendly and pleasant! They were so helpful in setting up a couple of activities or just advising us when needed.
The restaurant was ok for one night but I highly recommend checking out some of the others in the area off site (especially Benedictus Steak House which I had one of the best meals of my life at). Breakfast each morning was delicious, with fresh fruit and an omelet station. I tried some items from the buffet I may not have otherwise which was great.
They have a couple little springs there which were nice to hang out in at night. I didn't use the pool much but I liked the overall feel and look of the bar and sushi area that was right alongside/in the pool.
On of our excursions included a pass to the Tabacon springs which were so amazing and completely worth checking out (I imagine the hotel there is much more expensive but the pass wasn't to bad for one evening). All of the private springs were really romantic and they did a wonderful job crafting them to mix the natural and the manmade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 6 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park