What a beautiful complex. The shrubbery, flowers, large grassy areas and views of Arenal are spectacular. Walking the grounds is wonderful experience. The pool layout is an architectural masterpiece. Several hot spring pools with jets in addition to cooler water pools. It is true that the rooms are not "suites" and there are no chairs or dresser drawers and the mattresses are very firm, but all that is trumped by the beauty and peacefulness of the property. Our service was very good. There are two "suites" per casita. Each with their own marked parking space. The casitas are layed out on parallel streets. The first street (closest to the pool, spa and restaurant has rooms numbered in the 100s and 200s. The 100s are on one side of the street and the 200s on the other. It is advertised that all rooms have views of Arenal. I suspect that is so, but some views are much better than others. Many are partially obstructed by vegetation. The casitas with numbers in the 200s, 400s, 600s have a view that includes the street, the parked cars and other casitas. The casitas with numbers in the 100s, 300s, 500s don't have streets and parked cars in view. We asked for a room near the pool and with a view. As I walked the grounds I came to the conclusion that we had the best location in the complex. Room 108. It has an unobstructed view of Arenal which includes a large grassy area and beautiful flora. You can also see part of the pool and spa. Next door to us in the same building is room 107.. Their view appears obstructed by foliage. Room 106 has a view partially obstructed by a ramada. Room 105 appears to have a much better view of grassy area and volcano, but it also includes a view of restaurant (which is not bad.) In summary I would recommend avoiding the rooms in the 200s, 400s, and 600s. If you can get room 108, you will be very pleased. The higher the room number the farther the walk to the pools and restaurant.
Breakfast was very pleasant in the open air dining room. Service was very good. Eggs/omelets made to order with a selection of beans/rice, sausage, fried bananas, plantains, pineapple, watermelon, yogurt, cereal, juices. Everything was very good, except for the bread. I expected a nice selection of breads fresh out of a good bakery, but what they had was like Wonder bread-either white or wheat--disappointing for such a nice place and such a nice breakfast setup. Beautiful views from the dining room. If you want photos of Arenal you need to pay attention. It can be perfectly clear for a minute or two, then get clouded over very quickly. All in all a wonderful place to stay. We enjoyed the natural hot springs (94-103 degrees F) both in the evening and the next morning after breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 6 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park