Overall, a good value. We went in May during low season and there were afternoon rains. The rooms were well appointed and the grounds were beautiful. Having the hot springs in the hotel means you can use them over and over again. In contrast, you might need to book a "tour" of hot springs for between $40-60 US should you stay at a different hotel. Rooms were clean and had Wifi and air conditioning, albeit the beds were a little hard. There is no fitness center. The pictures appear to show many pools, which is technically correct. However, note that only one is a ""cool" pool and the others are pools filled with warm spring water. There is a swim-up pool bar from either the cool pool or spring side. My wife enjoyed the frozen cocktails (~$7 US, beers were ~$3.50 US), so decent prices.
Keep in mind, the hotel is about 5 miles from downtown La Fortuna, so eating options are limited. It was a $12 US cab ride from the hotel to downtown. There are 2 restaurants on the premises including the pool bar which doubles as a sushi restaurant and a classic international restaurant with white table cloths. Both restaurants are pricey IMO for what they serve (example: $10-16 US per sushi roll, $25-45 US for entrees). To compare, Don Rufino's downtown was both cheaper and more delicious / adventurous. The food was still tasty at the hotel though. Breakfast is included and the Buffet was well-stocked.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Springs Hotel
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 6 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Venere so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.