On our recent trip to Costa Rica we spent a few nights at the Arenal Springs Resort. For the money this was a very nice place to stay. The rooms are small duplexes spread throughout the resort so they seem very private. The rooms were a little tight on space but still had plenty of space. The rooms have all of the necessary amenities to keep you comfortable. Every room has a great view of the Arenal Volcano. There was only one morning that we could see the entire Volcano and it was impressive. Unfortunately it is not currently active, it just smokes a little at the top but it is still picturesque.
The restaurant at Arenal Springs is good...nothing extraordinary. The breakfast buffet was really good with a lot of local flair. The dinner menu provides a lot of choices but is rather expensive and the food is average. If you are traveling with kids make sure to ask for the bar menu, it has more kid friendly foods. Like a lot of the other reviews suggest, a quick ride into La Fortuna will give you a lot of restaurant choices at much better pricing. Our driver had suggested Las Brasitas in La Fortuna, it was a good choice. I was a little wary of getting a Taxi into town until I discovered that the taxi is actually contracted by the resort. They will bring you into town and when you're ready to go back you call the resort and they come get you, it cost us $12 each way but it was a nice safe way to travel. Don't forget to try Pops for Ice Cream on a hot day.
The grounds at Arenal Springs are beautiful and well maintained. The pools are certainly a focal point; whether you want to cool off or relax in the hot springs...it is a very nice setup.
There are many places to stay in the Arenal/La Fortuna area, this resort is certainly one I would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park