We stayed 4 nights at the Arenal Springs resort. We greatly enjoyed our stay!
We arrived before the official check in time as we had taken a shuttle from San Jose. We were greeted warmly with an umbrella as it was raining, and escorted to the check in area. They quickly found an available room for us. We had a delicious welcome drink prior to riding on the golf cart to our room. The resort has beautiful grounds, the flowers are amazing! The staff are so very friendly and helpful.
We were in room 601. It was a nice location as it was not part of the large rows of rooms, having a field next to it. The views are breathtaking of the volcano and surrounding areas. The room and bathroom were CLEAN,CLEAN, CLEAN!! The room itself is very comfortable, having 2 beds, fridge, large closet, and a safe. Our family of 4 fit comfortably and didn´t feel crowded. The 2 chairs outside on the patio were comfortable and very relaxing. The bathroom was really cool with the plants in the shower. There was good lighting in both the bathroom and the room area. The air conditioning and ceiling fan cooled the room quickly. The only thing missing was a drying rack as the line in the shower was small and the plants got in the way. We used some of the hangers from the closet and put them out on the patio in hopes of drying faster. Keep in mind that you are in a tropical area and there are ants around... if you are lucky you may get a peek of a gecko or two! The walk to and from the pool and breakfast area is fairly easy. There is always the option to call a golf cart for a ride.
Were amazing!! We never felt over crowded when we were in the pool area, always being able to find chairs. The springs were so very relaxing, as was the thermal pool. The fresh water pool was refreshing on a warm day!
Breakfast was very good and plentiful, having a variety of choices. They had an omelet bar with a variety of things to add. They also made fried eggs there and an egg white omelet. There was fruit, cereal, potatoes, meat, eggs, pancakes, french toast, and yogurt. Something for everyone in our group. We also ate here for dinner and lunch one day. The food was ok, but a bit pricey.
There are MANY tours that will come to the hotel and pick you up. We went white water rafting and farm tour, which was SO MUCH FUN! We also did a hiking tour of the volcano and a 1/2 day fishing trip on Lake Arenal. Getting a taxi is super easy to get into La Fortuna. It was @ $12.00 each way. We ate a few meals in the local ¨sodas¨ and greatly enjoyed the local feel. The food was delicious!
Overall we had a fantastic time! We would definetly recommend the Arenal Springs Resort. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 6 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, BookIt.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park