We loved this resort! It was truly beautiful, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the food was definitely above average. It's a good idea to stick with the native dishes rather than something you've had "back home" and then expect it to taste the same. The rooms were clean and comfortable, volcano views superb. The concierge suggested a great horseback riding/waterfall hike tour that was outstanding. (Lobo's tours, which I'll review separately). Cab into town was $10, and it was very safe to walk around at night. The Lava Lounge had live music. The resort's grounds are truly outstanding. We started our mornings in the grotto-like jacuzzi watching hummingbirds flutter 3 ft. away! Spent days in activities and came back to the gorgeous, relaxing hot springs... Never crowded and often completely private. We asked about yoga class and when we learned we were too late (8am class), she arranged for a private class later in the day for us at the same price. Now THAT'S service! Some reviews commented on hard beds. The mattresses were firm, but we did not find them uncomfortable. Also loved the plants in the shower! I travel extensively, and Arenal Springs has definitely been added to my list of favorite places!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 6 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park