Here are just some quick pros and cons that I can think of at the resort. Granted I only stayed there for 2 nights:
+ Multiple hot springs on the resort
+ Swim up bar with sushi and other food.
+ Free welcome drinks in our hotel room (2 cokes, 2 beers, 2 waters)
+ Good Pina Coladas reasonably priced ($6/each about.)
+ Tasty breakfast buffet with omelette/egg station
+ Views of Volcano in our room (But I'm not sure you can see the volcano from every room.)
+ Concierge doesn't work on commission so they're not trying to push you to do the most expensive thing possible.
+ Balconies / terrace with the room.
+ LCD tvs if you want to bring your HDMI cable.
+ Staff is very friendly and helpful.
- There were a decent amount of small ants in our room
- Small ants were all over the swim up bar which made eating a little less desirable
- It's a very touristy area so if you're trying to get a legit Costa Rican experience I'd advise staying somewhere else.
All in all it was a good stay for the price. If you're in the area I'd HIGHLY recommend going Mini Golfing down the road. I believe it's called Reno's International Mini Golf Course. $12/game and the most unique mini golf experience I've ever had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park