We stayed for 3 nights at the end of December. Our family had 5 had two rooms in the same small building. The only bad thing was that you had to go outside & down the path to get to the other room, but my kids are teens, so it wasn't too bad. The beds were pretty hard, but that seems typical in most Latin America places we've been.
The rooms are nicely done. The plants in the shower was a little strange. I knew about it coming in, but the plants were so huge they hung over the wall and could touch you while showering. It freaked out my kids, so we took the string to hang clothes on to hold the plants back. They also had white mold growing on them, so I really didn't want that touching my clean body either.
The hot spring pools were wonderful. It was a wonderful way to relax in the evening after touring. We had cool, rainy days so the hot water was amazing. We were busy in the day with tours, but the hotel and pool never seemed crowded. We ate in the restaurant one night and the food was fine. Not great, but not bad either. Prices seemed about the same as the restaurants in town we ate at. We wanted to try new things, so went into La Fortuna two nights. All in all a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park