My son (21) and I (42-mom) stayed here and loved it. The restaurant was amazing. Jeffrey was our server, he did a great job. We mainly ate the special or beef tenderloin but the potato leek soup was excellent. I must confess the beds were hard and the pillows a little too fluffy but thats all I can say that was negative. We arrived on Saturday into San Jose and the hotel sent on of their drivers, Jose, to pick us up. There was a cooler in the van with cold drinks including cerveza. The drive to the hotel was about 3 hours. We stopped along the way for champagne to celebrate, again for an atm and again for a tequila shot. Jose was happy to oblige. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by Ruth, I love Ruth. She had tons of personality and greeted us with a welcome drink and a wet towel to wash the road off. We ate the first night down by the pool/springs. The filet was to die for and I'm from Texas-we like out beef. We did 2 excursions with Desafio: rafting and canyoneering. I highly recommend this company and these 2 excursions. They have several excursions to chose from. Whenever we had any issues they were addressed right away. While we were staying here we visited 2 other resorts that we had heard about: The Springs and Nayara. We did a day pass at The Springs to tube and kayak. We went to Nayara for the wine bar-excellent. Each time we left the resort Alberto took us and picked us up. Alberto spoke great English, he was very entertaining and we loved him. We passed several resorts when we were picking up people for excursions and this by far was the nicest one (with the only exception being The Springs Resort). The grounds are extremely beautiful and well kept. We saw a toucan eating a papaya while having a beer at the lobby bar (say Hi to Manuel for us). They do have a spa but unfortunately we did not partake. Book it, you wont be sorry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park