My husband and I stayed at this resort for 5 nights, and as our first stop in Costa Rica it really set the tone for a fantastic vacation. First off, the grounds are beautiful and immaculately maintained. The rooms are designed to feel like an intimate villa, and in spite of the semi-detached style, it feels cozy and private. The sound proofing between rooms could be a little bit better, but you could mostly only hear the other guests from the bathroom so it wasn't really an issue for us (and they were a very loud group so I doubt that is typical).
The fabulous hot springs pool with a swim-up bar was our favourite hang-out spot of the trip. It's even a great place to enjoy a meal as they have a sushi bar there as well as regular American food. To enjoy typical Costa Rican food, the restaurant had a great variety of dishes that tasted local and authentic. We left the resort only once for dinner, just because we wanted to see the town of La Fortuna, but we could have easily eaten a week's worth of meals at that restaurant -- there was so much variety and every dish we tried was delicious. The included buffet breakfast is also definitely worth making time for, if only for the juice, which is freshly squeezed and a different selection each day.
The service staff were extremely friendly, professional and catered to our every need. It was the perfect place to unwind and ease into our vacation.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Springs Hotel
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.