The staff was helpful and the hotel had very nice views of the Volcano. However, the views were of the side without much active lava flow, but we did get to see a clear puff of smoke and ash for a few minutes. Volcano was in the clouds for most of our visit. The pool was pleasant and the room was clean and had a refridgerator, good cable TV and a fancy shower.
One problem was that the hotel was isolated and a taxi to the Hanging Bridges right at the lake cost $18 to (meter started in La Fortuna) and $16 return. The desk called around and could not find a cheaper rate.
Also, being isolated, one is tempted to use the restaurant and we were charged over $30 for two of the cheaper meals on the menu including the $3 charge for water (not asked for) and the 23 % tax.
A nice place to stay if you have a car.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Springs Hotel
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 6 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.