My family and I recently stayed at the Arenal Springs Resort and thought the place was spectacular! The rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable with gorgeous views of the volcano. All of the plant life and flowers throughout the resort were amazing! My mom and I went running multiple mornings around the property and even though were we literally running in circles, it was so pretty we didn't mind at all! The pools (both hot and cold) were beautiful and fun for the entire family (we couldn't pull my 4 year old niece out of the water the entire day).
We ate at the restaurant one night and the food was good, our waiters that night and at breakfast were Luis and Eric and they were great! Especially compared to the rest of the staff... The people at the front desk were courteous at check in and then didn't want to be bothered after that, even the concierge (who is there to be helpful) seemed put out by any questions we had for him. The guys behind the bar were only friendly to you if you were ordering drinks from them, don't dare ask for a glass of water or ice.
The included breakfast is great, more than any continental breakfast in the States, but it does get a little old after a few days, although they do change little things up every day which was very nice.
Overall we loved the place and would recommend it highly for anyone travelling to Arenal! The room price compared to Tabacon or The Springs Resort was amazingly lower and I thought it was just as gorgeous, less crowded and less expensive for anything on the grounds (one person we talked to said breakfast was $40pp at Tabacon). We would definitely return!
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Springs Hotel
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 6 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.