My husband and I visited Tree Houses Hotel about a year ago. Due to availablity, we were only able to stay here one night. We are so glad that we decided to leave our nicer resort-type hotel that we stayed at for two nights to spend a night in the tree houses even though they were in similar areas. This is a once in a lifetime experience. I mean when else are you going to sleep in a tree house?
Here is what we loved about the place.
- We got massages on our tree house deck in the middle of the jungle. Who needs the nature sounds CD when you are actually in nature? Right after my massage a toucan flew by and sat in a tree straight ahead.
- There is some great hiking and a little swimming area on the property. There is a waterfall, we visited at the tailend of dry season so it was more like a trickle of water. It was very secluded
- There was a great little Italian restaurant down the street. It's pretty much the only place to eat in the area. After dinner, we came back to our tree house, drank some beer, and enjoyed sitting in nature.
- I would say one of my all time favorite memories from Costa Rica was waking up naturally with the sun the following morning and having coffee waiting for me right outside my door. I sat on the deck, sipping on my coffee while reading a book. It was amazingly relaxing. I would go back to this place just to have that moment again.
- Breakfast was very fresh and very delicious. Really, every meal we had in Costa Rica was amazing.
I would 100% recommend this place to others. It is a must do in Costa Rica! And to top it all off, the owners are extremely friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tree Houses Hotel is a bed and breakfast hotel conveniently located off the main road that runs through La Fortuna and around the Arenal Volcano. We are a short 25 minute drive to the high tourist area. People seek us out with that in mind, to be away from it all but close enough to enjoy all the fun adventure the La Fortuna, Arenal Volcano area has to offer.We have just 5 tree houses (each very private) on 8 acres and we are surrounded by a 70 acre wildlife refuge with a waterfall, pools to swim and a beautiful river. Each tree house features A/C, warm water showers, refrigerators and safes.There are few hotels like this in the world and none other in Costa Rica. There is something so very exciting about spending the night high in the forest canopy, wildlife all around you, safe and cozy in a tree house hotel in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tree Hotel In Costa Rica
- Tree Houses Hotel Costa Rica Arenal Volcano National Park