(We actually went in September or 2009 but I could not chose that as a date.) We spent three amazing nights here to kick off our honeymoon. We were greeted with frozen drinks in the amazing open-air lobby. Then we were showed to our fantastic room, equipped with plush bath robes, our very own hot tub and a private balcony with an unobstructed view of the Arenal Volcano. I'm not joking, we could see the top of the smoking volcano all the way to the base. You could even see lava spit out once in a while.
The resort restaurant was also very good but a little pricey (which was fine for us but it can add up after a while). The pools were just ok. They were small but the hot spring pools more than made up for them (really those are the reasons you'd go there anyway). That's right, you can sit in the many natural hot spring pools right on site. It was very quiet and very romantic. We spent some time just strolling around the vast flower gardens on the grounds.
If you have time take a guided tour of the volcano. The tour takes you hiking and then to other hot springs. It was worth every penny. On the hike we saw a snake eat a toad. It was actually kind of cool. Costa Rica really has tourism down. The tour guides are nice, well trained and very knowledgeable. They really strive for you to enjoy your tour, unlike what you get at so many other tropical locations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Kioro offers a fabulous place with a natural viewpoint to the Arenal Volcano. The hotel has 27 acres of undulating land, surrounded by two streams (La Palma and Kioro) with crystalline waters that begin to flow in the Arenal Volcano National Park. It has two paths where plant species are identified. Besides, private thermal springs for our customer's delight. All our suites have:Two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain view, hydro-massage, air conditioning, safe deposit box, minibar, coffee maker, hot water, direct dialing telephone, satellite television, hair dryer, key card, safety locks, internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Kioro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Kioro Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Kioro Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park