As an anniversary trip, we traveled to Costa Rica and our first stop was the Arenal Kioro Suites. While the drive from San Jose International was a bit scary, we relaxed the minute we arrived at Arenal. Past the gated entrance, we were greeted at reception with a beverage of our choice and got a moment to take in the beautiful area. When we got to the room, we found the view breathtaking and the accommodations nice - true in-suite jacuzzi, comfortable king bed and sitting area. We were traveling in the green season but encountered very little rain and according to locals, it was the best time to be there. High season you encounter hordes of folks, long waits at in-town restaurants and tour areas. The food and drink at the Arenal Kiroro was good and the service top-notch - they even brought us drinks out in the hot springs! We truly didn't want to leave.
Other advice - SkyTrek tours are the best for zip-ling and rain-forest tours and discount tickets are available at rental car agency. La Fortuna waterfall has a very precarious path down to base. Lava Lounge in La Fortuna is good place to eat but be careful if driving - the owner rescues dogs and they lie in the street & will not move for cars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Kioro offers a fabulous place with a natural viewpoint to the Arenal Volcano. The hotel has 27 acres of undulating land, surrounded by two streams (La Palma and Kioro) with crystalline waters that begin to flow in the Arenal Volcano National Park. It has two paths where plant species are identified. Besides, private thermal springs for our customer’s delight. All our suites have:Two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain view, hydro-massage, air conditioning, safe deposit box, minibar, coffee maker, hot water, direct dialing telephone, satellite television, hair dryer, key card, safety locks, internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Arenal Kioro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Kioro Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Kioro Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park