My best friend and I arrived on 4/19/13 for a 4 day stay.The property is beautifully landscaped.The staff was extremely courteous and professional. We were greeted with wine and our bags were taken to our room. It seemed as if the volcano was an arms length away and the view was incredible. Our family suite was spacious and clean. The bathroom had his and her sinks and a toilet. The enormous shower had it's own space in a private area in our room. The room was also equipped with a jacuzzi. We left a tip for housekeeping almost every morning we were there. The hot springs on the property are very nice and the setting is tranquil and very picturesque. You will not want to ever leave with surroundings like these! The bartender graciously delivered drinks to us when we soaked in the hot springs in the evenings. The buffet breakfast they serve is delicious. Omlettes made to order, the sweetest fruit I've ever tasted, an assortment of pastries, yogurt, granola, pankcakes, sausage, baken, rice and beans, plantains, and other cultural dishes I don't know the names for :-) We booked our excursions prior to our arrival with a company called Desafio and we were very pleased. The only complaint I have is when we sent our clothes to be laundered. Unfortunately they were returned to our room the next day still dirty, and there was was bathing suit in there I was planning to wear on my next excursion in less than 30 minutes. The manager there is superb. She comped our laundry and she allowed me to choose a bathing suit from the gift shop for free to wear to my next activity. I also had a facial and a reflexology massage during my visit. The spa is lovely and the technicians are very skilled. Fortunately, the clouds cleared from the volcano on several occasions during our trip so we were able to get great pics and truly enjoy it. I will definitely stay at Kioro again on my next trip to Costa Rica!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Kioro offers a fabulous place with a natural viewpoint to the Arenal Volcano. The hotel has 27 acres of undulating land, surrounded by two streams (La Palma and Kioro) with crystalline waters that begin to flow in the Arenal Volcano National Park. It has two paths where plant species are identified. Besides, private thermal springs for our customer's delight. All our suites have:Two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain view, hydro-massage, air conditioning, safe deposit box, minibar, coffee maker, hot water, direct dialing telephone, satellite television, hair dryer, key card, safety locks, internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Kioro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Kioro Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Kioro Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park