The location is amazing. The hot springs are a delight, as is the pool. The hotel seems very family friendly and has a zero depth pool for the little ones. We only ate breakfast there, but it was delicious and the view can not be beat. The grounds are nice to walk with lots of beautiful flowers and some wildlife.
We had a couple of issues. Our door didn't open all the way (They offered to come fix it, but it didn't bother us enough to deal with it.) and a couple of the windows were hard to open. The beds are incredibly firm and not very comfortable. The linens seemed older and could use an update.
None of that would keep us from staying there again or recommending it to our friends. We really enjoyed our stay there. My profile pic was taken from the pool area at Kioro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Kioro offers a fabulous place with a natural viewpoint to the Arenal Volcano. The hotel has 27 acres of undulating land, surrounded by two streams (La Palma and Kioro) with crystalline waters that begin to flow in the Arenal Volcano National Park. It has two paths where plant species are identified. Besides, private thermal springs for our customer’s delight. All our suites have:Two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain view, hydro-massage, air conditioning, safe deposit box, minibar, coffee maker, hot water, direct dialing telephone, satellite television, hair dryer, key card, safety locks, internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Arenal Kioro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Kioro Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Kioro Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park