We visited Arenal Kioro in March 2012 with our children -- ages 7 and 10 -- and did not want to leave. The gardens around the property are gorgeous -- the hotel marks the names of the trees and plants -- and they are simply beautiful. My kids had a great time taking pictures of all the exotic flowers. We traveled with another family who had three similarly-aged children, and the five children ventured from the pools to the game room, through the gardens and back constantly. The large pool had an amazing view of Arenal Volcano as its backdrop. Down from the large pool was a series of waterfalls that fell into smaller, jacuzzi sized pools that were so much fun! My kids did not want to leave these pools. In fact, we decided not to spend the extra money to visit any of the Tobacan hot spring pools and instead, just hang around this property. Near the pool is a combination work out room and and game room (separated by a 1/2 wall). This was great, because while I was on the tread mill, I could keep an eye on the kids playing ping-pong. The rooms were huge. In ours, we had two double beds, and on the other side of the half wall our beds were against, was a single bed (we never used it) and a desk, where we kept our laptop. That scenario would be perfect for a family that is taking a Mother/Mother-in-Law. The bathroom was large and very nice with a separate shower, which was also very large -- where a parent with small children could plunk them in together and get them all cleaned up at once.
Our room had a jacuzzi, which was up against a large window with at beautiful view of the volacano. It was interesting -- the jacuzzi was the kind that you would typically see sitting on someone's patio behind their house, so it was big enough for all four of us to get in, if we wanted. A word about Arenal Volcano -- I don't think they really let this be known, but the volcano has not sputtered in several years. In fact, you can see a little bit of smoke wafting up, but that's all. Still, it was beautiful, and given a second chance, I would certainly stay here again. We hated to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Kioro offers a fabulous place with a natural viewpoint to the Arenal Volcano. The hotel has 27 acres of undulating land, surrounded by two streams (La Palma and Kioro) with crystalline waters that begin to flow in the Arenal Volcano National Park. It has two paths where plant species are identified. Besides, private thermal springs for our customer’s delight. All our suites have:Two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain view, hydro-massage, air conditioning, safe deposit box, minibar, coffee maker, hot water, direct dialing telephone, satellite television, hair dryer, key card, safety locks, internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Arenal Kioro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Kioro Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Kioro Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park