“Majestic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arenal Kioro

You added Arenal Kioro to your Saves list
Arenal Kioro
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   San Carlos, 10 km NE of La Fortuna, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 21007, Costa Rica   |
San Francisco, California
“Majestic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This place is very hard to describe in words. The views of the volcano are very beautiful especially on a clear day. My girlfriend and I stayed her for 4 nights. The breakfast buffets are very good. They offer a variety of items. For lunch and dinner, there are only 2 options, the bar area by the pool and the dining room. The menu is very catered to americans. They offer the mundane fish, beef, pork and chicken. We were hoping for a Costa Rican meal. The closest town, La Fortuna is 15 minutes away. If you don't have a car, it is approximately $15.00 USD for a one way trip. The room exceeded my expectations. It was very spacious and clean. Don't let the photos of the beds trick you. The beds very comfortable. I preferred the hot tub in the room. The hot springs were not very hot. Lukewarm at best. The shower stall had the rain shower. The bathrooms had his and her sinks.

We would definitely come back here again!!

Room Tip: Try to get the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This place is just gorgeous, the service was top notch.. the entire staff was more than excellent... the view from our room was truly amazing for our honeymoon. The food was devine and the stay was definitely memorable. My wife and I will most certainly be coming back here soon :)

Curridabat, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Arenal Kioro. We had a great stay. The rooms are beautiful and large. There was a hot tub in the room but we preferred to use the beautiful outdoor hot springs. The water was so pure with no smells of minerals. The staff was great, very responsive to every request we made. We ate one dinner meal there...it was great. Breakfast was included in the rate and was very good. The food service was very good. The hotel has a great location...high on a ridge near the Volcan Arenal. The grounds and gardens were beautiful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fort Nelson, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Wow! I had the pleasure of staying here when I recently visited costa rica and the property Is amazing! It's about 1.5 hours from the airport in San Jose but it has magnificent views of the Arenal volcano- one of the most active in the world. No danger just a fireworks display.
They have a full service spa and 8 different hot springs pools( all nicely finished and different temps)
There is wildlife and excellent food and free Internet . You can be at the volcano in 15 mins by car to do the hike up for a better view!

• Stayed September 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We spent 2 nights at this hotel in a beautiful room with a stunning view on vulcano. The room was nice and huge. We enjoyed the hot springs and girls - they have amazing facial treatments - I do recommend to take. There is also a nice swimming pool and we loved the hot springs.
But there is something missing in the resort - I cant tell what. It was very calm, empty like we were the only guests there and also we were alone having dinner in the resort. So are the people willing to go to this resort? The food was not that good a there is a limited lunch menu - People would like to have more choice.
I just do not think I would come back again - I just did not feel to get the value of my money.

Room Tip: 401 and 402
raraya, Gerente at Arenal Kioro, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your comments, they are very important for us, trough them we improve and get better every day, so appreciate you took time to write your experience.

We are glad that you and your family enjoyed our facilities and we are sorry if it didn´t fulfill all your expectations.

From September to November Arenal Area experiences what we call ¨Green season or Low Season¨ it is a time of the year where the number of visitors drops considerably, because there are no holydays or school breaks in most the countries of Europe or America, some families and couples or singles do visit Costa Rica and Arenal Volcano, and for that reason the hotel remains open and offers the same services we do in ¨High season¨ with the same quality that characterizes us, this is a general situation not only for Arenal Kioro but also for the rest of the hotels and businesses.

Thank you again and we hope you can visit us again! Don´t hesitate to contact us if you have other comments or questions we are at your service guestservice@hotelarenalkioro.com

Ricardo Araya Cubillo
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I got married at Arenal Kioro this August. We had about 40 guests total, and were on a pretty tight budget. I contacted 'hotel services' around May of 2011 to start searching for wedding locations and Grethel responded right away. For an entire year plus, Grethel worked with me through hundreds of emails and occasional phone calls to help me plan every detail of my wedding.

She was simply awesome!!!

Kioro gave us a very special rate for our guests and worked very hard to make sure we had the perfect settings for our ceremony and reception. We got married outside by their beautiful fountain and the reception was in their beautiful, spacious restaurant.

My mom and I arrived and the staff greeted us and asked us what welcome cocktails we would like. We walked into the room and it was gorgeous!! Shortly after we got to the room, Grethel came to my door to meet me in person, and it was like seeing an old friend!! Later, we went over all of the details and she just made me feel so comfortable because I could tell she had everything under control. She was on the phone and her walkie talkie non-stop working on my wedding and probably other things as well! Grethel/Kioro arranged for the florist, baker, and found my officiant and I found my own photographer. The flowers were exquisite!! I loved my bouquet so much that I didn't want to let it go! The cake looked beautiful and was exactly how I wanted it!

Everything was fantastic on wedding day! My maid of honor, little sister and I went to breakfast and then we went to the spa and I got a facial and my nails done, and the young lady at the spa was so sweet and wonderful!

The ceremony was perfect even down to the special songs I wanted to play when the wedding party walked in. And the reception room was stunning! Everyone had a great time and couldn't stop talking about how beautiful it was and how much fun they had.

I am so happy we had our wedding at Kioro! It was the perfect choice. We can't wait to go back for our honeymoon. Thank you Grethel!! Thank you Kioro!

Room Tip: I would say get a room on the top floor if you can. Beautiful views and no noise above you.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Arenal Kioro is a wonderful suite hotel. The rooms are spacious, well appointed and very clean. Our room (1204) was very private. It looked out directly at the volcano and the balcony jutted into the rain forest. Every morning we opened the glass walls and laid in bed- listening to all of the birds. One morning we had a troop of white faced monkeys look at us from their trees- about 25 ft away. The service was excellent- we particularly liked the services of Melvin- who would point out flocks of Toucans to us. The natural springs were lovely. The web site does not do this hotel justice- it is much better than depicted. We would go back anytime.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Arenal Kioro? Share your experiences!