There was so much disatification that I'm just going to list the error of this hotel's ways! While giving credit to the few things that were OK. I was traveling for semi-business so this trip was not paid with personal dollars. But I felt so bad ANYBODY had to pay money on this place. Fellow TA Reviewers...trust me...I am very fair and honest! just read my other reviews. Had I not been on a tour with native Spanish speakers I would've been lost because outside of housekeeping staff, no one else was very nice.
The following were OK...
1. Working air conditioning , rooms only
2. Nice housekeeping staff and kept rooms as clean as they could get them
1. property did not feel secure!
2. Horrible food
3. Wi-fi is ONLY in the lobby...and good luck with consistent connection there! (this is really bad when you're away from family and are trying to communicate via the Internet) I couldn't even FaceTime in the privacy of my room.
4. Rude dining staff and flirtatious lobby staff...professionalism please!
5. Soiled seat cushions in the lobby area
6. Filthy restrooms In the public areas
7. If staying on the lower level, younwill have a store front like glass door that has see thru curtains. So at night, if you have any light on in your room, people passing by WILL see you!
8. You can feel the springs in your bed! When I travel, I expect the same sleep experience or better.
Okay that's it! It's giving me horrid memories of an otherwise fantastic trip! This was one out of 3 hotels I stayed during my 7 day trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At hotel Lavas Tacotal you can enjoy the natural greatness of the Arenal Volcano. Its amazing conic shape and constant volcanic activity, the Arenal Volcano is one of the most important attractions in Costa Rica. Walk through trails of solidified lava, ride across exhuberant forests, the activity of the Arenal Volcano during the day or by night. The amazing spectacle of incandescent lava flowing from the crater is truly breathtaking. The hotel amenities includes air conditioning, maid service, pool, restaurant, tennis, bar, laundry, spa, 24 hour security, souvenir shop, and private parking. handicap facilities, and non smoking rooms are also available. The room amenities includes cable TVs, balcony, safe deposit boxes, telephones, mini bars, and Internet connection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Lavas Tacotal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lavas Tacotal Hotel
- Hotel Lavas Tacotal Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park