The big plus about this hotel is the grounds. I was woken at about 5.30 by a stunning dawn chorus and, bumping into others from my group, saw some magnificent bird life (plus the odd squirrel). We were there for the wildlife so this was ideal.
Our room was good and spacious with a TV and fridge. The hot water was hit and miss and can go from really warm to freezing with no notice. The open-air breakfast by the swimming pool was fine, not a great choice but nice fresh fruit and a couple of cooked items and cereals.
I walked into town, La Fortuna, and this took about 10 minutes along footpaths by the road side. The hotel reception closes at 7 p.m. and the bar was never open during our stay. However, there are several good stores in La Fortuna where you can stock up on supplies for your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Country Inn is a small hotel with twenty rooms distributed in ten bungalows; all of then surrounded by exotic gardens. All you have to do is reach the door of your room and you will go from the most comfortable human made environment to the magnificent nature. Rooms with cable TV, A/C, mini fridge, telephone, safe deposit box, private bathroom and terrace. Large swimming pool area, food service, internet access, tour desk and parking. Impeccable cleanness and friendly service is our promise. We will make our best to make your visit a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Arenal Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Country Hotel
- Country Inn La Fortuna De San Carlos
- La Fortuna De San Carlos Country Inn
- Arenal Country Inn Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park