This is a lovely hotel wthin walking distance of La Fortuna. The grounds are extensive and full of plants and birds. There is a very clean pool. My husband wasn't feeling well so we spent a couple of quiet days here, reading and hanging out. The rooms are separate casitas, good sized with 2 double beds, a table and 2 chairs and a small rickety refrigerator. There is AC and cable TV with a no. of English channels. The price includes a complete breakfast--eggs, gallo pinto, fruit, rolls/toast, oj, coffee/tea. On weekends, there's a buffet. During the week, we had a waitress. The staff's English is limited. Most of the other guests are Costa Rican. Lots with kids to play in the lovely pool. If you're looking for a modern, high service place, this is not for you. If you want a quiet, older place with charm, you'll be happy here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Country Inn is a small hotel with twenty rooms distributed in ten bungalows; all of then surrounded by exotic gardens. All you have to do is reach the door of your room and you will go from the most comfortable human made environment to the magnificent nature. Rooms with cable TV, A/C, mini fridge, telephone, safe deposit box, private bathroom and terrace. Large swimming pool area, food service, internet access, tour desk and parking. Impeccable cleanness and friendly service is our promise. We will make our best to make your visit a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Country Hotel
- Country Inn La Fortuna De San Carlos
- La Fortuna De San Carlos Country Inn
- Arenal Country Inn Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park