My wife and I spent our week long honeymoon at this hotel, and it was amazing. Clear views of the Volcano, beautiful flowers and landscaping, clean rooms, friendly and incredibly helpful staff, safe location... all for a very affordable price.
We stayed in one of the standard superior rooms - it was very comfortable with ample space for what we needed. Had an easy to use safe, refrigerator, and wall AC. The food at the on-site restaurant was also better than my expectations (which were pretty high!). The buffet breakfast was the same every morning, but given the variety and freshness of the food that was OK with us. We ate dinner there two nights and all the meals (including pizza, pasta, and fish) were excellent. The staff was very helpful in arranging taxis for trips to the nearby town of La Fortuna ($10 10 minute taxi ride from the hotel) and also booking tours for us during our stay. One of the ladies even gave us some fresh local fruit to try! The cleaning services were also very thorough, and the maid left us a unique towel design with rose petals everytime she cleaned! As far as amenities go, the jacuzzi was also very warm and comfortable.
I only had a few minor complaints. The pool was a little colder than I was expecting it to be considering the warm daytime temperatures (but it was refreshing!). Also, the beds were comfortable, but not the best I've ever slept on. We also had a few critters visit our room during our stay, including a few beetles, a couple flies, a trail of ants (my fault for leaving a fresh pineapple lying on the floor!), and a small lizard. This isn't the hotels fault, but fyi you are in Costa Rica, so don't expect to be completely isolated from nature. :)
Overall we had an amazing stay here. I don't have much to compare it to since we did not stay anywhere else, but if you are traveling to La Fortuna I would highly recommend this place. Here's a quick summary of our stay.
-Friendly & helpful staff
-Beautiful location and views
-Good food & reasonably priced dinners
-Quiet atmosphere (we didn't hear our neighbors or have any problems with noise during our stay)
-A few visiting critters
-Cold(ish) pool temperature
-So,so bed comfort level
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal volcano Inn is a 25 rooms hotel surrounded by exotic gardens that can be admired from the tranquility of your room or by taking a small walk on its natural trails. Every guest may enjoy the view of the Arenal Volcano from its own terrace. Come visit us and make Arenal Volcano Inn your home while vacationing in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Arenal Volcano Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Volcano Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Volcano
- Arenal Volcano Inn Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park