“Everything was wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arenal Volcano Inn

You added Arenal Volcano Inn to your Saves list
Arenal Volcano Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6.5 Km NW of the Catholic church, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 6793-1000, Costa Rica   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburg, Kansas, United States
“Everything was wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here as part of our Gate 1 Tour. Everything about this hotel was fantastic. One night, there was a big rainstorm that knocked the power out, and one of the employees brought a flashlight to our room so we could see! The food was great, the pool was great, the view was spectacular. We booked a rafting trip through the hotel, and when it turned out to be unsafe and my husband was injured, they helped us get some of our money back! Everyone was fantastic. I appreciated a computer for guests in the lobby since I packed the wrong charger for my tablet. I would highly recommend this hotel. I would NOT book the rafting trip they offer, since the guide didn't tell us the river was too high to be classified 2 and 3 rapids until we were there...but that's another story...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed for three nights with my wife here as a base for white water rafting and hiking. The room was its own little building with a small kitchen area with a refrigerator, a nice patio, and a well working air conditioner. The included breakfast was very filling and the hotel staff helpful. Taxi fares to the center of town averaged about $8 US for the two of us. The location worked for us and we had no problems with insects. I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am Teresa from Las Vegas, NV and this was my fourth visit - all were the same. The staff is excellent. The views and landscaping are beautiful, especially the views of the volcano. The rooms are very spacious, beautiful and comfortable. I highly recommend the Arenal Volcano Inn to everyone & I will be back myself.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Westchester, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed here for two nights 5/31/13 and 6/1/13. The Ground are beautiful and the staff is welcoming and very freindly. The restaurant has a great view and served some of the better meals we had on our trip. The rooms were clean and had a great view. My only problems were with some ants that were crawling all around the corner counter. I called and they sent somebody ou to spray which worked, but the smell from teh spray wasnt all that pleasant. The other thing was the air conditioner blew right on you which made for a real cold noght sleep. I kno wthat beats the alternative of no air, but just one of those things. The last thing is the minibar rates were not clear. My son had a snapple that clearly said was $2.50, but upon checkout were were told it was c2500.00 (Colones) which is $5.00. We even brought the mini bar menu for them to see, but they wouldn't make a change to the charge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bonney Lake, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Beautiful, clean grounds; spotless rooms. the staff was so fantastic, and the view, and just the whole environment was amazing. The food was really good, and our room was roomy, and beautiful. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The rooms further away from the pool, had a lot more space, and and it felt like you had your very o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawrence, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed at this hotel two nights in May during our 7 day Costa Rican trip. The room had a great view of the volcano and enjoyed having the mini fridge. The entire staff was polite, and professional. The food at the restaurant was excellent, prices pretty much the same as in the US and they have a good selection. Did not use the pool, it's small but I guess it's good if you want to get some sun. They also have a Jacuzzi next to it. The front desk staff arranged two tours for us, horseback ride to the waterfalls which we loved and a walking tour of the volcano surrounding area which we also enjoyed. It seems breakfast is included at most hotels, here it was served buffet style, included typical Costa Rican breakfast, fried sweet plantains and fresh fruit (papaya, melon, pineapple) which were my favorite, and the usual offerings, coffee, juice, toast, eggs. There is no fitness center but we were so busy with our tours and most are active enough that you get exercise this way. We highly recommend the horseback ride to the waterfall just be prepared to be sore the next day if you are not used to riding and to descend and climb over 450 steps to and from the waterfall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I haven't stayed at other properties in the area. I based my evaluation on how this hotel compared to everything else I've experienced. It was very, very nice. It's starting to show its age a little, but beautiful views of the volcano.

• Stayed May 2013
Avimanager, Owner at Arenal Volcano Inn, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review about Arenal Volcano Inn. We especially liked the heading of Excellent Hotel you gave us. Thank you for this. On your review you mention that the hotel is starting to show its age a little, so I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of a very important renovation. We recently changed all our TVs to LCD 32'' in our deluxe rooms and have allot of more positive changes coming. Most of this changes should be ready by June 30th, so hopefully on your next visit you may see some visible results.
Thank you very much!

Been to Arenal Volcano Inn? Share your experiences!