I stayed at this place for two nights as a solo person but part of an escorted tour group. I had chosen the "Plan B" hotel and found this place to be very nice, room was clean and staff very helpful. As others have stated, the property is beautiful. I took a few strolls around the property and saw many birds and even the cows on the farm next door. We arrived when it was dark so it was a huge surprise to wake up and look out the window to see the volcano steaming away!
Restaurant food was good and service very good. Wait staff makes sure you are satisfied. Breakfast is included and again, staff very accommodating. They even remembered my name each day!
The location is fairly close to the hot spring spas, the Fortuna waterfall and the town. A cab ride was about 15 minutes to the waterfall and it was $16 one way and $8 on the way back (don't know how they figure the rates...)
I read the reviews prior to going and my response to those with some of the low ratings is the following:
1) Regarding noise, my experience throughout Costa Rica (stayed in US chains and local hotels) was that the non-US chains don't have the same "soundproofing" construction criteria that the higher end chains do... That is why I bring silicone earplugs on all trips...
2) In an effort to be sustainable, the hotel asks you to let them know about using the hot tub 10 minutes prior so they can turn on the heat. It was quite nice then! Read the handout they give you when you check in.
3) If you bring an internet capable device (phone, tablet, laptop), you can access wireless in room and don't have to use the lone computer in the reception area.
4) Regarding the bugs, our guide told us that no matter how hard one tries, it is virtually impossible to keep all the bugs out of any room because of the climate. There are bugs everywhere! I escorted one spider and one centipede out of my room on night one and didn't see any other bugs after that. Even in the well appointed Radisson in downtown San Jose, there were bugs!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal volcano Inn is a 25 rooms hotel surrounded by exotic gardens that can be admired from the tranquility of your room or by taking a small walk on its natural trails. Every guest may enjoy the view of the Arenal Volcano from its own terrace. Come visit us and make Arenal Volcano Inn your home while vacationing in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Arenal Volcano Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Volcano Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Volcano
- Arenal Volcano Inn Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park