My fiance and I took a 14 day trip through Costa Rica. The first 10 were spent in a much more secluded part of the country so some of the con's are really through no fault of the hotel or location it just so happens that this is a much more touristy spot in Costa Rica. PRO'S: This hotel was clean, the rooms were spacious and for the price very accomodating. The 2 girls at the front desk were very helpful with all our requests and very patient as we tried to call outside the country on my fiance's birthday. There were beautiful flowers in the vacinity and you could hear the monkeys in the trees at night although I never saw any. We did have a bat hanging out on our front porch one night though.CON'S: Upon arrival you are branded with a neon colored bracelet by the hotel staff. You are suppose to wear this bracelet during your entire stay in order to redeem your complimentary breakfast buffet as well as to have entry to the parking area by security. In theory this is a good idea but this also brands you as a tourist as you stroll around town and even more so a tourist that is NOT in their hotel room. This is something you wear when you go to a night club not a hotel. The breakfast buffet was not bad but it wasn't anything to write home about either. I had some coffe and fruit and called it a day. All in all not a bad choice for the price but not something I would consider a fabulous experience.
Another cool thing, we actually saw the clouds lift from the volcano! Everyone says this does not happen but it did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal volcano Inn is a 25 rooms hotel surrounded by exotic gardens that can be admired from the tranquility of your room or by taking a small walk on its natural trails. Every guest may enjoy the view of the Arenal Volcano from its own terrace. Come visit us and make Arenal Volcano Inn your home while vacationing in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Arenal Volcano Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Volcano Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Volcano
- Arenal Volcano Inn Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park