We flew into Liberia Airport and rented a car for our trip. Takes 3+ hours to get to Lost Iguana. Roads are pot holed and mostly dirt. My husband and I spent 5 days at this hotel. Although and it is built on a steep hill it provided us with wonderful views of the volcano both day and night. They do provide a golf cart service to bring you up and down the hotel grounds but we preferred to walk. Our room was on the second floor and nicely furnished. Very islandy and clean. No problems with bugs, mold, etc. Loved our private porch with rockers provided. Pool was clean and warm. Breakfast was very good each day. We did not eat any dinners here. We ate in town "LaFortuna" which is a short drive from hotel. Took advantage of the free hiking paths around hotel. Front desk staff was happy and eager to book all our activities for us. We even got a discount for booking through them. Reasonable prices on all activities. We ventured over to Tabacon Hotel one night and although the hot springs are a treat the buffet food left much to be desired. If you're in this area make sure you visit El Novillo Restaurant and Luigi's Pizza. Both had GREAT food and reasonably priced. We would definitely go back to the Lost Iguana again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park